2018 Darmasiswa Scholarship
Application for Darmasiswa Scholarship 2018
The Government of the Republic of Indonesia is annually offering the Darmasiswa Scholarship, a non-degree scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian Language), art and culture. Participants can choose one of selected universities (72 universities) located in different cities in Indonesia. This program is organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). The scholarship will be awarded to 650 applicants (Quota for Canada 4 applicants).
The DARMASISWA program was started in 1974 as part of ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations) initiative, admitting only students from ASEAN. Since 1976 this program was extended to include students from other countries such as Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, and USA. In early 90’s, this program was extended further to include all countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia. Until to date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 173 countries.
The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
For the academic year 2017 – 2018, the Government of the Republic of Indonesia once more invites the foreign students to participate in the Darmasiswa Scholarship at several universities in Indonesia. The program will commence in September 2018. Detailed information concerning the scholarship and the necessary forms can be downloaded from the links below.
Prospective students are required to register and submit all documents in Darmasiswa RI official website apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id. For student who are not in the student’s home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship). Online registration will start from December 18th 2017 until February 18th 2018, following with interview at Indonesian Consulate General in Vancouver between February 18th – March 9th 2018.
Program Schedules* :
- Online registration – December 18th, 2017 until February 18th, 2018
- Interview at Consulate General – February 19th 2018 until March 9th 2018
- Selection by the University (online) –March 12th 2018 until March 24th 2018
- Final announcement – April 16th 2018
- Joining Darmasiswa confirmation –April 16th until May 16th 2018
- Flight itinerary confirmation – April 16th until August 1st 2018
- Estimated arrival and orientation at Indonesia – Late August 2018
(*This schedule may subject to change)
Required documents :
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Medical certificate.
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival : 1st August 2018).
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution/Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English).
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English).
- Language certificate (if applicable).
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable).
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in English or Bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words).
- Preferably Student.
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent.
- Minimum age 17 years and not older than 35 years of age.
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia.
- In good health as proved by Medical Certificate.
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying.
For further information, the candidates could send their inquiries to the Cultural Section of the Consulate at email@example.com.
Please find further information and application form below:
- Darmasiswa official website: http://darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/;
- List of Places of Study: http://darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/list-of-darmasiswa-university/;
- See the regulations: http://darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/regulations/